If you are looking to hire an immigration lawyer in the Carson City area, there are a few things that you should consider as you go through your selection process.
One of the most common questions we get is, “do I need an immigration lawyer at all?” After all, you could save money by attempting this complex process on your own. If your case is fairly straightforward, this is something you could attempt to do without professional assistance – that said, there are some very good reasons why you should enlist the help of an immigration lawyer.
- They can help you if any snags arise
- They are experts at filling out forms and documents
- They can provide you with ‘make or break’ advice
- They can greatly improve your chances of success
If you are in the process of choosing an immigration lawyer in Carson City, here are some valuable tips that will help you to make an informed decision.
- Ask your friends and family for references – One of the best ways to choose any service provider is to ask your Carson City area friends and family for their suggestions. If an immigration lawyer has done a fantastic job for someone you know, they should move to the top of your short list.
- Conduct a search on the AILA website – It is always good to search for a lawyer on the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) website – this ensures that you are selecting a lawyer who is in good standing with the bar, and – most importantly – someone who cares enough about immigration law to belong to the national association. They can help you to find a lawyer or narrow your search.
- Compare fees – Now that you have narrowed down your choices to a few great lawyers, it is a good time to compare their fee schedules. Do they charge by the hour? Do they work on a flat fee? How much can you afford, and how much is a successful application worth to you and your family? These pricing factors may help you make your decision.
- Interview the lawyers on your short list – This is the perfect time to book a brief consultation with the lawyers on your short list – one of the best ways to make the final decision is based on how you get along with the individual and how you feel about their service in person.
- Check their credentials – The final step you should take before signing any contract or officially hiring your Carson City Immigration Lawyer? Check their credentials and ensure that they are currently licensed, in good standing and if they have ever faced a disciplinary action for misconduct.
Once you have gone through these five simple steps, it is time to hire your immigration lawyer. These tips will greatly improve your chances of success, and we wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.